Logistema, SA has launched a project to set up a Research and Development (R&D) Center aimed at launching innovative products and solutions in the areas of urban logistics and the aggregation of logistic flows of companies and, at the limit, very small economic agents..

This R&D center has been applied for funding to the PT2020 program and has been approved for funding resources provided by the European Union. The percentage of funding is 40%, with the remaining 60% being the responsibility of Logistema, S.A.

With this initiative, Logistema, SA considers that the products emanating from the R&D core are particularly suited to serve the priority areas of Transportation, Mobility and Logistics:

  • Intelligent Transportation and Logistics - deliver high added value to companies by optimizing their logistics flows, streamline the means of transportation employed and enable small (even individual) economic players to operate in the markets with the same tools, and having similar conditions as  big operators, suppliers, distributors and retailers;

  • Mobility and Urban Space - in this area the logistics products and solutions emanating from Logistema R&D Center, based on a state-of-the-art electronic platform, allowing access and mobility management in the urban area under consideration, segmenting and aggregating flows, implementing fleet pooling and route optimization. This implementation will be a fundamental contribution to city planning at the urban logistics level, contributing to greater energy and environment sustainability, with significant reduction of carbon levels, through rationalization, adaptation and reduction of the polluting means of transport employed.

Within the Information and Communication Technologies priority domain, the solutions to be developed fall within the ICT business area, as the products to be developed are pieces of software that support the innovative logistics solutions. In addition, in this context, it is Logistema, SA's strategy to address the developments to be made from the perspective of the implementation of the Blockchain concepts that we foresee to have a strong application in the logistic domain.


Lisboa2020 RGB 1